9 Reasons to Invest in The First Tee of Canton
- We ARE a youth development organization that teaches life skills and healthy habits through using the game of golf as a tool.
- We are a 501c3 non-profit so your donation is 100% tax deductible as allowed to the extent of the law.
- Our coaches are trained in delivering The First Tee curriculum that focuses on Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits.
- The First Tee’s Nine Core Values: Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Perseverance, Sportsmanship, Courtesy, Judgment, Confidence and Responsibility are the foundation.
- Our character education and Life Skills programs help young people prepare for success in high school, college and life.
- The First Tee Life Skills Experience addresses two major epidemics among our young people today – childhood obesity and the high school drop-out rate.
- The First Tee of Canton collaborates with other youth-serving organizations in our community and twenty-eight Stark County and one Mahoning County elementary schools.
- The First Tee of Canton offers high quality programming at a low cost to our participants.
- Our organization could not continue without the support of our volunteers and donors. Your support makes a true difference in the lives of the young people in our community.