What makes First Tee – Canton a great choice?
First Tee uses golf to teach youth life lessons and leadership skills. Sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages 7 to 18 regardless of background or previous experience. Teaming up with experts in positive youth development, First Tee helps youth become good golfers and even better people.
Registration for 2022 spring and summer will open in March.
Stay tuned for 2022!
Current and upcoming registration dates:
- High School Simulator League – call or email Terry Taylor for more information – ages 14 – 18; registration now open!
- Girls Golf Winter Program – Tuesdays in Feburary 2022; registration opens January 1, 2022
- Junior League 2022 – ages 8 – 11 – starts end of February; registration opens January 10, 2022
If you are creating a NEW ACCOUNT (please do not set up a new account if your child/ren has participated in the past), make sure your password has the following:
- At least 8 characters long
- Contains at least one number
- Contains at least one special character
- If you do not follow these steps, you will receive an error when trying to log in.
Please contact email@example.com if you need additional assistance.
A Youth Program Unlike Any Other
First Tee emphasizes Nine Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Through golf and our core values, your kids and teens will learn life skills like:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
From age 7 through 18, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of First Tee is completing Ace.
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (recommended minimum age13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
- Little Hackers: Ages 5 – 6 years old
- Player: Ages 7 – 18 years old
- Par: Must have passed Player level – Min age -9
- Birdie/ Eagle: Must have passed Par Level – Min age 11
- High School Prep: Ages 12 – 15 years old